Truck & Bus Forum Truck & Bus Forum
20:33
Welcome to the Truck & Bus Forums
Welcome!A very warm welcome to truckandbusforum.com, a completely FREE online community for people worldwide with an interest in vintage and modern trucks and buses.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Please feel free to join by clicking HERE.

Go Back   Truck & Bus Forum > Truck Forums > Drivers Discussion Forum
Home Register Gallery TV FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 26th October 2008, 14:56

photo card driving licence

read post 5 it may make more sence

Last edited by phobbo; 28th October 2008 at 17:36.
Old 26th October 2008, 19:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by phobbo View Post
the new photo card driving licence has to be renewed every ten years with a new photo if this is not done then we are driving without a current valid driving licence just read of some one it truck and driver getting convicted of driving a truck without a current licence when he thought he was legal

i didnt know about this have just checked my photo card and it wants renewing feb next year does anybody else know about this law or was it just me that didnt know im sure an incurance compay wouid love this as a get out for not paying after a bump cheers paul
is it your h.g.v licence you are talking about. this has to be renewed every 5years.if you look at the dates on your licence you will see the dates concerning your vocational entitlements only last 5 years. then must be renewed with a medical.every year after 65.
Old 26th October 2008, 20:32

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucker 2 View Post
sorry mate,dont understand?my h.g.v. licence expires 2012.my car licence expires 2019,when i am 70.have not heard anything from swansea.[might be out of touch].how can a lorry driver forget to renew his licence ,you get enough notice from swansea.
p.s just had a word with my son ,and you are right.licences must be renewed every ten years.must be me renewing every five years.live and learn. cheers.
Old 27th October 2008, 08:33

union car

I am not sure do you think my transport union card has run out of date?

see photo memorabilia .

John.
Old 27th October 2008, 08:40

as copied from LEGAL MATTERS TRUCK AND DRIVER (this didnt happen to me)

I was stopped for a roadside check by a police officer and asked to produce all my documents and tachographs and driving licence. i felt i had no problems as i have a clean driving licence for 20 years to my astonishment the officer advised me that my licence was invalid it seems my photo card driving licence was out of date. i should of received a renewal notice from dvla i didnt WHERE DO I STAND
THE LEGAL REPLY
All drivers have to check there licence carefully and the photo renewed every ten years failule to do so invaladtes your licence not only can you be convicted for not having a valid licence and finded up to £1000 your inscurance is invalid for the vehicle you drive

i should of put this up first might of made more sence hope this will help people in furture as it was something i didnt understand cheers paul.
Old 27th October 2008, 23:27

Your Hgv license has to be renewed with medical at 45 years then every 5 years till 65.
Then yearly after 65.
Old 28th October 2008, 21:00

driving licence dates

the dates on the front of the plastic photo card are the dates the whole licence are valid from and to, this needs to be renewed every 10 years with a new photo. The dates on the back are catagory entitlements which need to be renewed BEFORE their expiery date or you can loose your entitlement to drive that catagory. the difference in the front and rear dates are because you needed your licence before you could train and pass any test.ish alan.