Truck & Bus Forum Truck & Bus Forum
20:33
Welcome to the Truck & Bus Forums
Welcome!A very warm welcome to truckandbusforum.com, a completely FREE online community for people worldwide with an interest in vintage and modern trucks and buses.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Please feel free to join by clicking HERE.

Go Back   Truck & Bus Forum > Truck Forums > Drivers Discussion Forum
Home Register Gallery TV FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 18th October 2011, 21:20

Delivery driver log.

Although I have posted this link elsewhere (in the Deuce thread) I repeat it here as it contains lots of interesting information and photographs.

http://www.omnibusologist.com/psv-delivery-work.html
Old 19th October 2011, 14:21

Interesting little site.
Old 21st October 2011, 19:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-CPTN View Post
Although I have posted this link elsewhere (in the Deuce thread) I repeat it here as it contains lots of interesting information and photographs.

http://www.omnibusologist.com/psv-delivery-work.html
Interesting to see the Eneco Solo - as far as I know this company does not exist now. There was one on trial where I was working but it was converted back to it's original engine and drive train long ago. It was not a great sucess - spending more time off the road than it did in service. The small diesel was a 1.9 Volkswagon engine, but it used as much fuel as the normal Mercedes power unit. This was because it needed to run flat out to charge the batteries during the day - this was despite them being left chargeing from the mains overnight via a massive charger. It needed bigger rear tyres to carry the weight of the drive motor batteries - it also had it's normal batteries for the 24 volt bus electrics and a 12 volt battery for the engine.
Other mods needed were an electric motor to drive a compressor for the brakes, suspension and doors and a way had to be found to charge the 12 and 24 volt batteries. One other problem was that the V.W engine would cut in an run flat out when the bus was on the stand and the batteries were low. Not the best idea when some of the stands were in residential roads outside peoples houses.

Last edited by coachman; 21st October 2011 at 19:35.