Truck & Bus Forum Truck & Bus Forum
00:27
Welcome to the Truck & Bus Forums
Welcome!A very warm welcome to truckandbusforum.com, a completely FREE online community for people worldwide with an interest in vintage and modern trucks and buses.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Please feel free to join by clicking HERE.

Go Back   Truck & Bus Forum > Members Area > Say Hello

Old 28th September 2010, 10:36

Silent majority.

32 members and 11 guests viewing in the last 24 hours, yet only a minority have contributed comments.

Please let us know whether you want to read or see something else - or write a few words of encouragement.

Maybe we should have a trivia thread where members post odd thoughts or observations?

Why do you come here? - where are you from? - where do you go? - what do you drive? - what have you seen?

Last edited by G-CPTN; 28th September 2010 at 10:39.
Old 28th September 2010, 11:50

As for me, work hours have changed and this cuts out a lot of what used to be ‘my computer’ time.
Old 28th September 2010, 12:18

Send a message via Skype™ to coastie
I have changed Watch and cannot get on here as often as I used to or would like to. (To anyone in Admin, Gulpers is my Line manager and he will verify things.)
Old 29th September 2010, 10:25

Send a message via Skype™ to darloboy
evening all maybe some of don't like to butt in but that's what it is all about ,as a 'retired' guy i still get called in to drive the old merc bus full of some-one elses kids doing school holiday programmes to keep the darlings happy whilst parents earn a quid having been a army mech/driver of lots of trucks even mini h/husky 1000 traveller & buses bedford for the use of i left blighty to change all that here i am on square 1 more or less the hobby is buses but sad to say some of our basket cases are casket cases metal cancer from years of neglect take the toll the scrap money helps keep more deserving cases on line ,as any restorer knows cash is the fixer many diyers start the camper convert ,it becomes too much it gets left in a paddock to rot away then the bus group get a donation with a clapped body seized motor etc heart breaking as it is we keep the scrapper busy even if only to fix another
Old 29th September 2010, 10:44

Indeed, keeping old motors running is a battle against the elements.
You need dry storage and occasional use otherwise things will seize-up and the body will rot away.
Old 29th September 2010, 10:48

At last somebody has echoed my feelings. This forum is for all who has joined it, not just a few. Without members adding letter contributions and photographs it would not exist. I realise that people who are working find it difficult to find the time to add, but if they have time to view then why not add a contribution.

Alan
Old 29th September 2010, 14:15
Super Moderator

When comments are given to photographs and threads it gives everyone encouragement to carry on taking shots in all weathers and locations, we certainly have some good snappers on here and writers that tell some good stories.
birdforum.net
Old 29th September 2010, 14:42

Smile snappers

here downunder we have a variety of snappers like crocs or snappy handbags even a nice eating fish but nowhere near a good north sea cod i need to get snappy to post a real size truck I only have a post card that may infringe some copy right so just as soon as i can so we are off on another tangent
Old 29th September 2010, 15:16

Smile rusty bits

hi g cptn & good evening down here we don't have the cold weather wetsalty roads to cause corrosion under normal conditions some of the 'DONATED" buses are 70 tears or older have sat stationary for 30 years the current resto is a '64Austin 47 dennis at paint as we speak an underfloor a.e.c with 1/2 shaft troubles amongst others like air pressure ,the normal run of the mill service things can be a bother no one likes to drop oil & as we get older we are losing the tech's we have just done a gardner 6lw using we loosely with as much done in house as possible in a 53 ish guy all sweet All the important buses are under cover the local lottery paid for for another shed addition with 10veh's in it there is a foden age unknown but late 40's i guess a very early leyland cub 20's wood frame & termites a thornycroft chassis that was the d/deck till termites got to it soft pine is chewed with gusto which be glad you don't have or do you? most of the runners are 1/2 cabs over 60yrs old or 'normal'near new at 25to 30 newly retired merc or leyland but so much work so few able bodies & on a workday After all is said & done more is said than done but we try geof the darloboy
Old 29th September 2010, 22:15

I agree when we get comments it gives encouragment to put forward more pictures in, we try our best keep it up lads