Truck & Bus Forum Truck & Bus Forum
12:06
Welcome to the Truck & Bus Forums
Welcome!A very warm welcome to truckandbusforum.com, a completely FREE online community for people worldwide with an interest in vintage and modern trucks and buses.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Please feel free to join by clicking HERE.

Go Back   Truck & Bus Forum > Other Road Transport > Models & Other Collectables

Old 9th April 2009, 19:53

I collect bus models, mostly 1/76th both Die cast and kits.........
Old 14th August 2010, 11:06

I have a "few" 1:76 diecast models in my collection!

Firstly there is my foreign contingent! This is mainly my Hong Kong buses. I must have aeound 60 (need to check on that). The majority are in Citybus livery. I have KMB (Kowloon Motor Bus), CMB (China Motor Bus - now defunct!) and NFWB (New World First Bus models) with a few from the lesser known companies such as New Lantau Bus, KCRC (Kowloon Canton Railway Company) and Stagecoach Hong Kong (they owned Citybus at one time, but I have a 3 axle Olympian in the UK style livery). I also have a few Japanese buses and coaches, some Australian buses, a Singapore 3 axle Olympian and a Chinese Volvo.

I dread to think how many UK buses I have safely stored in a couple of large cardboard boxes!

I do collect buses from my local bus company (or at least it was in my youth) City of Oxford. I have every mainstream release from EFE, Corgi and Creative Master Northcord Ltd plus a set from the London Transport Museum with a 1960's Oxford single decker (I used to travel to school on those on the years my pass was for public transport). I also have a couple of 1:50 models in the shape of a half-cab AEC Regal in the City of Oxford coach livery and a Guy Arab Utility double-decker.

Another company I like is Southdown though I suspect I may have missed a few models over the years. I bought the first EFE diecast coaches so have the Southdown Cavalier. I also managed to get the 36' Southdown single-decker bus that EFE released relativly recently. I have one 1:50 model in the shape of a Corgi Southdown Bedford OB. For some reason (out of the six models initially released) I chose the Southdown version which cost my £9.99 I think. At one time it could be bought for £120 online! I also have the Sunstar 1:24 27 Seat Southdown OB which is an impressive model to say the least with opening doors, sliding roof and opening bonnet.

I do have two other Sunstar 1;24 scale models. I have another OB in the shape of a Grey Cars 29 Seater as equally impressive as the Southdown I picked it up for half price in a sale. My final 1:24 is the Sunstar Routemaster. I wanted one but was not sure what to get. Eventually they released the Greenline Caoch version which was the one I went for. Opening bonnet, Emergency Exit and folding platform doors. Impressive to say the least.

I have some 1:50 models from Corgi as well. I bought the complete first years release of the new modern trucks they released. All artics and they came in a large platic display case (unlike the subsequent releases and their cardboard boxes). That was 12 models! I have not collected quite that many a year since them, but try to get the new castings or Stobart releases. I do have some older type trucks from Corgi and also the first series of steam vehicles they released.

I do have my old Dinky Toys and Corgi Toys sitting in the attic from when I was a kid!

Being into big and impressive models (3 axle double deckers notwithstanding!) I have a couple of HO scale American model trains (other than about 3 others that is about the limit of my interest in model railways). The two in question are a Union Pacific 4-8-8-4 Big Boy and Southern Pacific Lines 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward.

I won't mention my Scalextric cars (too late!) or model kits...
Old 8th October 2011, 21:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdoodah View Post
I'm a miniature or toy collector, but I don't build models. I prefer to buy die-cast. I don't find many European trucks though. Can you lead me to any websites or catalogs where I might be able to buy some nice trucks?
Thank you.
I collect 1/50th scale diecast European truck's and they are really easy to come by, The price's vary greatly though.
I have a number of site's I use to buy from and would be happy to guide you in the right direction.

I'll try to pm you with the link's
Old 9th October 2011, 06:37

I've just read your account, Bassman - do you have any photographs to show us?
Old 9th October 2011, 07:46

I have around three hundred or so truck models mainly 1 50 but there are some other scale vehicles also in collection
Old 14th October 2011, 08:22

I have around 2000 models, mostly trucks and motor sport models.
Just bought 3 more Corgi 1/50's in Oz, J R Adams ERF ECT, Foden J A Killoh and a MAN, J Ferguson.

My best ones, A Fiat Ferrari race transporter, the real one recently sold for 990.000 USD at an auction in Calif., French Dinky car transporter and a French Saviem desert truck.

Great hobby.
Old 14th October 2011, 17:33

It is a great hobby if a little expensive
Old 15th October 2011, 00:03

Thumbs up Models

i also collect model trucks got a few old dinky toy leyland octopuses and about 150 corgi classics and trackside leylands,guys and efe atkinsons photographs into the thousands
Old 15th December 2011, 11:04

The last model bus I bought (fairly recently) was this Hong Kong MAN...

http://www.orientalmodelbuses.co.uk/MAN/om45201m2.jpg

Not the world's prettiest bus I suppose. Corgi obviously thought there would be further examples to model but this was the only one owned by KMB. The only other one is owned by another Hong Kong company (not one of the major bus companies though. The two buses were originally intended for Citybus.

My only other (fairly) recent purchase was this Hong Kong Olympian...

http://www.orientalmodelbuses.co.uk/...kbus2001m2.jpg

For anyone into Hong Kong (mainly) buses the site above also has a lot of news on full size buses as well as the models...

http://www.orientalmodelbuses.co.uk/