Truck & Bus Forum Truck & Bus Forum
08:27
Welcome to the Truck & Bus Forums
Welcome!A very warm welcome to truckandbusforum.com, a completely FREE online community for people worldwide with an interest in vintage and modern trucks and buses.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Please feel free to join by clicking HERE.

Go Back   Truck & Bus Forum > Truck Forums > Drivers Discussion Forum
Home Register Gallery TV FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is your favourite unit 1970 to present day.
DAF. 8 19.51%
M.A.N. 4 9.76%
Scania. 9 21.95%
Volvo. 10 24.39%
Renault. 3 7.32%
Mercedes. 3 7.32%
Iveco. 1 2.44%
Foden. 0 0%
Atkinson. 0 0%
ERF. 3 7.32%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12th October 2008, 12:12

Send a message via Yahoo to billyboy
Only one vote for the Renault? i found them to be most comfortable to ride in. even the passenger seat was air suspension. The cab was quiet. and it pulled very well too with a good load on. (Norbert dantrasangle)
Old 12th October 2008, 12:50

Yes, I think you are right on that Billyboy, I had a Renault, (I think), Premium 385 on car part trunking for a bit, it was gutsy with good comfort. I actually voted for the ERF as the tall cab models I used on Gloystarne, (now gone), were a nice driving position for me.
Regards
Energumen

What a fool, they were M A N. pwat! Please Sir, can you add a Man and cross orf an erf. Ha ha ha

Last edited by Energumen; 12th October 2008 at 12:53.
Old 12th October 2008, 22:05
Super Moderator

Good evening all, In the past I have driven the following. ERF, Atkinson, Seddon Atkinson, AEC, Renault, Scania, Volvo, Bedford TK, Ford Trans Continental, Commer, Scammel, M.A.N. and probably some more, but the Volvo was always my favourite, I don`t think you could beat the 32 speed box and the comfort. All the best.
birdforum.net
Old 12th October 2008, 22:20

Nice to see ERF came fourth.
Old 14th October 2008, 15:29
Super Moderator

Hello Chris,

The poll will go on for a good while yet and it could throw up some surprises when we get some more members, keep the votes coming. All the best.
birdforum.net
Old 29th October 2008, 21:24
Super Moderator

Volvo are only in the lead now by one vote, keep voting everyone. All the best.
birdforum.net
Old 31st October 2008, 15:39

Thumbs up

Well this was a real difficult one but for me the DAF 2800/3300 series was my favourite maybe because I spent a lot of years driving and living in them.

The only others in the poll list that I really didn't have much driving experience with where Atki's & Ivecos although drove Seddon's & Sed/Atks; and pre-Iveco Fords.

The Scania 2/3 series where and still are the best range they have produced, the Mercedes SK series where a great solid tough motor but you had to keep the V6/8's spinning to keep the speed up just when we were being told to let yer engines 'lug down'

Always loved the Cummins, Fuller, Rockwell set up whetever motor it was in
The 22/321 series MANS were also a solid dependable lorry easy to drive and even in standard sleeper cab form was easy to drive and live in
Always loved Volvo's as well have driven almost all offerings from the F86 through to some of the first FH's

Just realised how many different type's of lorry I've driven over the years but for me it has got to be the DAF's.

Can't really comment on some of the newer motors as I haven't been driving for the last 10yrs They all look great and I'm sure they're easy to drive but they seem to have lost character and quirkiness that the independant maker's used to have.
Regards
Dave Penn;
Old 22nd December 2008, 23:00
Super Moderator

The Daf 2800 / 3300 DKS was certainly a superb truck, the only fault I found with them was that they where a bit noisy in the cab. Keep the votes coming. All the best.
birdforum.net
Old 23rd December 2008, 16:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
Only one vote for the Renault? i found them to be most comfortable to ride in. even the passenger seat was air suspension. The cab was quiet. and it pulled very well too with a good load on. (Norbert dantrasangle)
HI Billy boy 856. deckboypeggy here i have a feeling i should know you .if you were with norberts were you at A.C.H. as they were the first to be taken over i know the dad was in Manchester for years [norberts] but not in a general haulage way.or was he i do not know, were you on middle east in the early 70s[transcon]? i had a commer on mortans at coventry a maxi.and a crusader. rolls eagle 220.david brown straight6.no power steering. what would the young lads do today,eh,also i spent a bit of time in MANILA in the 60s i was on BLUE FUNNEL it was a regular stop over .for a nice dose of clap etc. catch you later ,D.B.P.
Old 23rd December 2008, 16:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepenn54 View Post
Well this was a real difficult one but for me the DAF 2800/3300 series was my favourite maybe because I spent a lot of years driving and living in them.

The only others in the poll list that I really didn't have much driving experience with where Atki's & Ivecos although drove Seddon's & Sed/Atks; and pre-Iveco Fords.

The Scania 2/3 series where and still are the best range they have produced, the Mercedes SK series where a great solid tough motor but you had to keep the V6/8's spinning to keep the speed up just when we were being told to let yer engines 'lug down'

Always loved the Cummins, Fuller, Rockwell set up whetever motor it was in
The 22/321 series MANS were also a solid dependable lorry easy to drive and even in standard sleeper cab form was easy to drive and live in
Always loved Volvo's as well have driven almost all offerings from the F86 through to some of the first FH's

Just realised how many different type's of lorry I've driven over the years but for me it has got to be the DAF's.

Can't really comment on some of the newer motors as I haven't been driving for the last 10yrs They all look great and I'm sure they're easy to drive but they seem to have lost character and quirkiness that the independant maker's used to have.
Regards
Dave Penn;
HI DAVE,deckboy peggy here you sound like me as if you miss up the road i know i do i have just got back fro 3 weeks in aussie wow they have got it right with all their style of american lorries it was a plusure just to watch them they are still on log books. how good is that.catch you later time to park up.no more laybys. D.B.P