View Single Post
Old 14th October 2008, 20:27

Rendevous

That Rendevous on the A5 Crick was a bit of a place the holes in the lorry park were so deep a wagon would get lost in one if you looked carefully you could find a landrover hidden in a rut. One of my workmates used to sleep there at the back (the days before sleeper cabs) god knows how with all the stuff in and out through the night. After it became a BP truckstop I used to enjoy going in there but I regret it did not last ,I presume it was loosing money and it was bought by another company I last called in about 2004 so not sure if its still going..Can anyone remember the cafe nr sandpits on the old A4 colnbrook just a little to the east of Jocks at Slough, it was very popular .It featured a lot in the Channel 4 tv documentry " Classic Trucks" they changed all the signs out front,I saw them and thought whats going on here? I have been to most cafe's in Southern England as far as the Bold near St Helens. I used to run to Bridgewater regularly leaving Maidstone about 3am the only bit of motorway was close to London fly down the old A4 and stop for breakfast at the Golden Arrow about 6am, I can remember a big table cram packed with cheap tools I bought the missus a pair of big scissors which broke in half when she threw in temper, Cheers, Alan