View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2017, 13:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6 UXU View Post
I used to fill up the wagon with derv and go and have a good feed at the Moss Cafe on the A74 between Carlisle and Gretna, if you parked up at the back it was like Multi Coloured Swapshop, you could buy or sell anything. The cafe was second to none, you could get a roast beef dinner at 2am in the morning. Do any of you lads remember the Moss ?. All the best.

I played in bands way back in the 70's / 80's and coming back from gigs all over the country the welcome sign of the Moss cafe was always great. We used to phone ahead and the brilliant ladies at the Moss would have our meals ready for the table by the time we arrived. Mince and chips to die for with bread and butter and lashings of builders' tea. Absolutely brilliant. Ironically we passed the old site only last night (again on a return visit from a gig) - looking for something to eat and sadly .....NO Moss cafe. When we visited the Moss , in my band days, at all hours of the night we met up with countless travelling bands, Status Quo , etc., etc., etc.....too many to mention - all in their early days - all heading for stardom....except us I stress!!!! Oh, those were the days.