View Single Post
Old 27th June 2012, 20:20

In reply to deckboypeggy's objection to my survey of ERF's and Fodens, can I just make a few points?
1) At no time have I ever claimed to be an owner/driver. In fact, throughout the Forum, I have made numerous mentions of my boss. Whilst I doubt he is making a fortune (who, in general haulage, is?) I don't think we can be running at a loss, either.
2) The work I mentioned was only two days (out of five). Not three.
3) I have been driving since January, 1978 and am still doing so, 34 years later. I also have driven through large parts of Europe and a very small part of Western Australia.
In that time, I have been photographed quite a few times. Especially, when I was driving an ex-Stobart vehicle. I have also taken quite a number of photographs. Several of which appear on this very forum. I have never had a problem with drivers objecting! Nor, have I ever objected when someone took mine. Indeed, I have moved it to a better position for them.
4) Anyone running legally has nothing to fear from the Ministry. They are only really interested in people running bent, overloaded or badly maintained trucks. I don't think I've ever seen one running around with a camera before they stopped a vehicle. Unless, you count the ANPR cameras, in the VOSA cars, nowadays. They may take pictures, if the find something wrong, to use as evidence.
5) I know quite a lot of drivers who talk about what they have and haven't seen, during the working day.

I'm sorry if you didn't like my survey but, as some of the others have said "If you don't like it, don't read it." It certainly wasn't aimed at you or intended to waste your obviously precious time. It was intended as a comment on the demise, in this country, of "proper" British trucks/lorries/wagons. Some other forum members appeared to find it interesting.