View Single Post
Old 9th April 2011, 07:48

Bilboy
Thank you for your reply, I am sure you are correct.
The reason for my question was that I have noticed the term "Dog Rail" creeping into day to day bus conversations and even in print the latest example being Bus and Coach Preservaton (Article "Pressing on").In many respects it matters little what you call the rail as few folk have an interest (note the lack of replies to the question).
My interest is in maintaing PSV history in all respects be it restoring a vehicle, collecting photographs, provideing free "old" bus rides or the language and words associated with the vehicles.Conductors, half-cabs, destination blinds etc etc, in time these terms are easily lost and become fare collectors, bus managers or what ever.
You may have noticed the recent picture of my Albion Victor on this web site and noticed the absence of "Life Guard Rails", rest assured they will be fitted and held on with greased wing nuts
Thank you again for your reply, with your views, my recolections and the opinions of a couple of friends I shall now write a friendly note to the magazie.
Peter