Thread: Photo Numbers.
View Single Post
Old 26th September 2010, 01:36

Photo Numbers.

Morning all,

I wanted to pen to paper, so to speak, as I have just been trawling through my photos and got a bit of a feeling that maybe I am hogging the site, and maybe boring viewers with all my “Auckland Docks” photos.
Please let me know if you are getting sick of them.
Joining this site has made me look again at the trucks of Auckland, (and anywhere else I may be), and recording the sights before they vanish. My recent scanning and uploads of some of my older pre digital photos has made me realise how much things change.
Because of this I have been shooting a lot of the ordinary trucks, not just the fancy models and colour schemes. I am making a specific effort to capture the older models before they also vanish. Getting that SEMCO Foden last week, 2 wks before it leaves their fleet was a real thrill.
So I am asking, do you guys want to see these “ordinary” trucks as well, or am I posting too many.
I have about 1500 pre-digital photos which I will have to scan, but first I have to figure out how to use the thing!!. The older photos uploaded so far were done commercially, but that is too expensive to keep doing it that way.
These older shots are mainly 70’s and 80’s, with a few back to the 60’s. Also quite a few taken in the USA.
I also notice that there are very few viewers for bus pictures, obviously not too many “bus nuts” here. That is why I have not uploaded a lot of my Asian buses.
As I say I was a bit concerned about hogging the site, so please tell me if I am on track, or off track.

Mike (hilifta)

P/s; I am off to Bathurst next Friday, so maybe some Aussie trucks coming up!