View Single Post
Old 28th April 2013, 20:20

Yes, it's already been mentioned, and I as I've stated it moves freely outside the injection pump. What happens internally however is unknown, and I consider that as an alternative explanation, but I'm not sure it helps me if that is the case since it doesn't seem to be much I can do about that without opening the injection pump, and that isn't really an alternative. I can't even understand how I could get enough space to manage to remove the injection pump, and opening them without detailed drawings/procedures has little chance of success. I did manage to unstick a stuck stop valve in a Ford D-series "Minimec" injection pump once, but I promised myself to never open one again - I wasn't at all sure that pump would ever work again (but it did actually). But this truck hadn't been used for several years, this is not the case with my Bedford and I can't really believe that the stop valve would have the time to just "get stuck" from corrotion, so it would probably mean some kind of internal mechanical failure.

I'm still hoping for a "simple fix" like a blocked filter screen.