Thread: Funny things
View Single Post
Old 10th October 2008, 17:18

When I was coaching out of Manchester, I picked up my work sheet for the next day, Granada Television Studios Manchester to a large park the other side of Leeds can't remember the name of it now. I was taking "extras" from the Manchester area over to Yorkshire for the filming of "Emmerdale" (for overseas readers Emmerdale was at the time a 3 times weekly TV 'soap') On getting home, as we were having our evening meal my wife asked me "where are you going tomorrow, I told her she then asked "do you want sandwiches? Having done film work before I replied " No, its TV work I'll get fed there" then adding "I might even have lunch with Claire King" (O/S readers Claire King was one of the Stars of the soap. She was about 30 and Blond) my wife's reply "I DON'T THINK SO!!"
On arrival at the park they were filming an "Easter Parade/Fair" There were Police, Fire Brigade, Army, The Official Emmerdale Fan Club, Fair-ground rides,side shows, in fact every man and his dog were there!!
At lunch time all the actors were signing Autographs for all and sundry..........so with diary in hand I approached the afore mentioned Sexy Claire King, requesting her autograph she asked "Who is it for"" for me" I replied and asked could you thank me for lunch so she wrote "To Ian thank you for lunch,Love Claire King " ...........well stone me I didn't get sandwiches for a bloody month

Cheers
Ian