View Single Post
Old 10th October 2008, 21:41

Aye, we can all come unstuck, better to admit to it than put up this front.

There is something about most men, where you can say they are no good at a sport, or d.i.y. or even, not that good a lover, but criticise their driving and watch out.Ha ha.

Re the snow, my most recent unnerving experience on snow, was about 7-8 years ago, and funnily enough I was on a little 17 ton rigid, delivering around Gloucestershire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, the snow was extremely fine, but absolutely intense and dense, it was settling on the tree branches and overhead wires, making the wires about 8 inches in diameter, in no time and dipping virtually, and in many cases actually to the ground. I kept ploughing on and eventually came in to the back end of Redditch heading for the M5.

Well, Redditch had big wide dual carriageway, there was nothing moving, just a totally undisturbed and beautiful carpet of snow, unnerving, I'll say, there was absolutely no indication of where fields started, verges lay, or carriageways, started, finished, curved or anything for quite a way, I haven't done much above Yorkshire, but I imagine it was like a Scottish white out, or being in cloud in a light aircraft with no instrument awareness.

Regards
Enurgumen