Thread: Accidents
View Single Post
Old 15th September 2008, 23:29
Peter Barc

Quote:
hauling mostly JCB stuff out and anything back ranging from animal feed to agricultural machinery back, any where from Poland to Portugal
Hi Ray,, hows life mate,,,
Well your story reminds me of an accident whilst i was on my way from Southhampton to Lisbon when i worked for British International in 89 with the worst unit ever built for heavy loads an Iveco 120/90, anyway as i was going down this notorious 12km hill at Guarda Portugal on the IP5 in 3rd gear and pushing the exhaust brake thru the floor i looked in my mirror and saw this portugeuse old scania racing behind me at a very very unhealthy speed and as he shot passed me i knew and felt and smelt (that dreaded burning ferodo smell) that something was amis with him, well to cut a long story short about 15 mins later round a bend there he was halfway up the emergency escape lane (cant think what you call them) his lorry and trailer was sunk up to the doors in the sand and he could not open his doors but got out thru the window,, i gave the distressed (and quite drunk) driver a lift to the next town so he could use the phone and left him there...he was a very man lucky that day...