View Single Post
Old 17th August 2010, 11:31

Satellite TV and Trucks (or Buses I suppose)

Having had Sky for ages (and occasionally being at a loose end) I do occasionally venture onto the the Documentary Channels.

History Channel has of course brought the first showing of "Ice Road Truckers" to the small screen.

Another channel worth keeping an eye on is Discovery Turbo which has occasionally featured Trucks or Truck Manufacturers.

There was a segment on one programme about Australian Road Trains which made for interesting viewing. Unfortunately I think it only ran to about 15 minutes.

The Mega Mover tpye programs usually involve Trucks hauling houses or whatever. Similar to the program that was (is) showing on Channel Five recently.

There was a Programme about various factories (Mega Factories? not sure, but I did record it). One factory that was included in the series was Peterbilt, which would have been of interest to American Truck fans.

I'll try to keep watch on the channels (can't check at the moment) and try to highlight anything of potential interest, asssuming anyone has access.