View Single Post
Old 24th December 2008, 02:12

Send a message via Yahoo to billyboy
Moretons

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckboypeggy View Post
HI Billy boy 856. deckboypeggy here i have a feeling i should know you .if you were with norberts were you at A.C.H. as they were the first to be taken over i know the dad was in Manchester for years [norberts] but not in a general haulage way.or was he i do not know, were you on middle east in the early 70s[transcon]? i had a commer on mortans at coventry a maxi.and a crusader. rolls eagle 220.david brown straight6.no power steering. what would the young lads do today,eh,also i spent a bit of time in MANILA in the 60s i was on BLUE FUNNEL it was a regular stop over .for a nice dose of clap etc. catch you later ,D.B.P.
Hi Deckboypeggy.
You know me from shipsnostalgia mate. I lived near coventry for many years. I knew Mortons well enough but never worked for them. As for Norbert's, My mate drove for them and I used to go along as second man (unofficial) with jhim just for the hell of it. Went over to Belgium with him and went to various destinations around the UK. Used to leave the trailor in Coventry and take the unit home with us.
You used to visit Manila eh! Bad place that. Hate it up there. Much more peaceful and laid back down here on Mindanao mate. Been here 8 years and no scratching as yet...LOL