View Single Post
Old 11th December 2011, 16:16

Hi robertdavy6 wereyou on AI FROM LEEDS OR Bowkers,FUNNY ifinished my driving on BOWKERS,now they were a good out fit,how i wished i had lived up north then they would only employ blackburn.preston local lads,, we moved to blackpool in1990 but i still worked in the south,ACH,ROKOLD, PULLEYNS,SOLSTOR.ALL GOOD FIRMS 3to 4 weeks away then 3 days home then at last got on to BOWKERS ,THAT WOULD DO FOR ME.i am thinking of writing a book about my road haulage but no one would belive 90percent of it.

WHO remembers the old roads to ITALY, chasing round the paris parifaphiqie [ring road]doging the police at payagies if you spotted them first.to anyone who didnt know the first bung was at the customs Calais when you was all done[papers stamped,permits/or a EECbook if you were lucky, you drove up to the exit the gate and a customs man would get on the door step to look at your fuel guge ,it was allways full and you would slip him 20francs and off you go. i had a mate who would wind all the new blokes up,you would spot them a mile off in dover,and hear them.most blokes kept quite,and listened thatwas the way you learned,anyway he would tell them that they had to do a food delcaration form from "Cluses" for the italians in Aosta and that you needed a crash hat for the blanc.,as well as "snow chains in the winter which you were suppossed to have" we would have great fun ,sadly at their exspence. THE BAKE HOUSE .THE MONKEY HOUSE .THE WHITE HOUSE.CLUSES all good eating houses.