View Single Post
Old 28th September 2008, 22:14

Send a message via AIM to ceylon220
Artic test 1960 STYLE!!!!!!!!!

Worked for a bloke who operated 3 four wheelers and a 6 wheeler Albion trucks which I drove for him, now this employer got matey with a guy who was mad at cutting HGVs down and converting them into artic units, anyway I arrived at the yard after the weekend off and went looking for the Revier, it was nowhere to be seen. I went to the bosses house and asked about the where abouts of the truck , he took me to the mad guys yard and there it was, down to a 6 wheel artic unit, "Can`t drive that boss, never driven an artic before"---"never mind Dave, I`ll hook the trailer and all you have to do is take it to Marchon,Whitehaven load up with soap flakes and take her to L`pool docks, by the time you get to the roundabout at Cockermouth you`ll be an expert"--- Got to Marchon , loaded and sheeted and got to L`pool without inccidents, unsheeted and the load slid off onto the warehouse floor, I was`nt the Dockie`s favourite person that day.
After that the boss borrowed a farm tractor and trailer and anyone he employed had to learn how to reverse and park up the farmtrailer before he let them loose on the other vehicles he converted to articulated units,
just as well we have the proper driving test for HGVs these days.