Thread: Windows 7
View Single Post
Old 21st January 2009, 15:22

Hi Les, who is doing the impressing now?.

The composition and workings of a computer station are a complete mystery to me, I struggle, just using it day to day.

I have Vista Home Premium, and have had for two years. There were a lot of compatibility problems early on, but they have sent continual updates and some patches, and it is pretty trouble free now. Although, I do get freeze ups on my genealogy sites,repeatedly lately, but I am convinced that this is due to commercial greed, because they have both gone 'pop up advert' greedy, 'advertiamania' I have christened it. Every new selection one makes, one has to wait whilst the animated advert loads, before the page one wants, follows.

It sounds as though you have downloaded this operating system, Windows 7, and have compartmentalised it on your hard disc. Does this mean that everything you have and do on your computer is available on both systems, giving you the ability to switch back and forward between them at the click of a key, with all files etc, being simultaneously updated on both systems??.

Should I not dabble?. I am a technophobe with this stuff.