Thread: largest fleet
View Single Post
Old 30th March 2009, 16:58

Well this is my first post on this site - truthfully I had forgotten all about it. I see a lot of my colleagues from SN are here and Billyboy is active here as well. How do you find time Bill!

The reason for the post is with regard to Norbert Dentressangle - I first came across them on my journeyings through France to Spain. Truck spotting is a favourite pastime during the journey and NB were the first ones, the cry of a Norbert. This became so regular that they have been banished from the spotting now - just so many of them. They employ some 29,000 people - probably more now, 8,500 vehicles, 4 million sq metres of warehousing and 370 sites across 14 European countries. They are very common around my neck of the woods in Somerset.

One thing that I am amazed about is the lack of UK registered wagons in Europe - maybe all the continental trucking companies have registered their wagons in Slovenia or such places. I could count the number of UK wagons on two hands on a 1300 mile drive.

Bye the way greetings to you all. I will have to see if I can find some photos for the site as well.

Hawkey01