View Single Post
Old 9th October 2008, 11:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceylon220 View Post
Been sitting on the sea front waving my arms off but did`nt see you waving back-ha, ha,---now you have started something off , when did the old A,B,C licences disappear, that my friend has made me think, could it be in the late 60s early 70s anyway when it did it gave the small hauliers more scope as everything had been in the large hauliers favour for years even now anyone wanting return loads from N Scotland have to go thro the big boys to sub contract, everything is tied up by them unless of course things have again changed since my days.

Dave
deckboypeggy
well! was that you waving ,i thought "got to be a old sea salt or trucker" because only us ex travellers some time had wished we had jumped in the sea. if you had ever had to stay in some of the scottish digs esp if MUNROS drivers were there in their bib and bracces and selp in their boots, on,TRUE.late 60tysthe old A.B.C LIENCES finished.was BRSwho had the monopoly then.now just a few.1 from carlise,excel is a throwback from BRS in the70s.. Not many older drivers left who would remember the 50tys however they would appreciate the present conditions for sure,what do you think.
Im offdown the front now wear a brighter coat and ill spot you ,high tide at1630[flask and sarnies].