View Single Post
Old 8th April 2012, 23:44

My story as follows....I actually worked for Gilles Letard at first then being farmed out to The Norbert Dentressangle depot at St Loubes 33...Jean and Eric were the main men there...great guys to work for...I enjoyed working there...mainly Southern European work with the odd foray upto northern France to get me 'home'..which didn't happen often.

Unfortunately like most good things, it came to an end...Mr Letard got me posted to there Metz depot..same work but not so nice countries..my suntan certainly faded..it was run by 2 women who also knew there stuff....strange as it was, they always insisted I used the National roads to save money as opposed to ACH instructing you always to use the auto routes....obviously margins were thin at Metz...even so, a throughly good outfit to work for.

Then again something changed at ND Aylesbury..the British drivers were being pulled out of the French depots...Mr Letard got .me a interview with Mr Fowler..I was offered a job starting the following week..I turnt up as planned but, was assigned to ND Fridge instead..obviously people had come and gone during my rest period so I was, in my eyes, handed the short straw.

.Again, as with the other 2 French depots I worked for, it was most enjoyable. With Fridge you rarely got home...I knew a guy called Craig who hadn't been home in 3 months..anyway, as I explained in a previous post, it didn't work out.

I then went onto work for the supermarket chains..ill tell you, I had more social life being up the road than ive ever had working for these.