View Single Post
Old 7th April 2012, 20:39

Wink

I neither worked in the yard or an office boy ....There was a Mark who along with Eric ran ND Fridge...now, that Mark was indeed a little s##t. He was one of the reasons I left. At least ACH paid you what you worked, unlike the said Mark...anyway to cut a long story short, I knew what he was doing so, I kept copies of all my tachos then when the time came good ol Mark never let me down, he did me short big time

I got on to ND head office..sent file thus, I was paid in full, no qualms. That was in 97. I'd heard not long after that he got the heave ho.

Most of the regular drivers didn't fancy going straight on at Macon, the truth beknown..alot were happy doing the predictable Kodak run, knowing full well that would take them 5 days although, one or two would get two kodak runs same week...goodness knows how they managed that legally

Like what been pointed out, most of these drivers weren't spring chickens and didn't fancy being weekended in 'God forsaken Spain'....all thanks to the ND amalgamation

Most didn't like the change and who could blame them, they were in there twilight years and wanted to be home with the good lady.