Thread: Digital Cameras
View Single Post
Old 14th August 2010, 06:58

I taking some images of a couple of my 1:76 buses. Used my latest Camera a 12.1MP Samsung and was not that impressed, so charged up my old 8MP Samsung and got a much better result. For those I had the Camera on a 2MP setting. In Macro mode on the widescreen part of the zoom it was within about 6 inches of the models.

I have some photo editing programs (Photoshop is out of my price range). Main one is Serif Photoplus X4, though I have some older programs plus of course Paint.

I cropped an image with Photoplus and saved, saving a little space. What you see in the viewfinder may not quite match what you see on the image. Cropping can produce a better composition.

I suspect it is probably that I have the camera set to Super Fine quality, but saving in Paint (and other editors) can result in a reduction in size, though with a slight reduction in quality.

If the camera uploads in .bmp format (the two Samsungs I was using do not) then a change of format to .jpg will result in a good reduction in size.