View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2013, 10:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbiggs View Post
Hi all,

I have a TK Bedford, model I believe is KC, 16inch wheel model and year around mid 1970. It has an air actuated park brake, the pressure pot is mounted on the diff. The pressure pot has an internal piston / spring and a rod to then actuate through levers to long 2 rods. One of these long rods goes to the LH rear brake bisector, and the other to the RH brake bisector. Both these rods and the pressure pot rod have adhjusting threads on them.

Can someone please tell me how to set up this park brake system, all I know is that it has to be done with the air on, so the spring is compressed in the pot.The spring is what puts the brakes on when there is no air pressure.

Thanks for your help

Christine

P.S(I am a mechanic all you guys, so can do this if I know the procedure / settings)
I'm not sure of this set up Christine, but I would advise you to beware of having hands and fingers on the short rod that comes out of the actuator when it is applied. If it was I think it is, then it applies the brakes by pulling the linkage and not pushing it. This means that the spring is in the front of the actuator pushing the piston back and not behind the piston pushing it forward. Unfortunately if it is this set up unlike most spring brakes there is no way that the brake can be wound off by mechanical means and the way I was warned about was '' get your hands away from that or you will end up wearing it like a glove '' .