View Single Post
Old 1st November 2009, 07:58

Sorry to differ Andy

Pay up and slow down.

It is a sad fact that, people's approach to speeding is only usually realistic, when one of their own family are the victims of speeding drivers.

Whilst I too did it in my youth I had to learn from seeing too many accidents on the road and reading of too many families, experiencing a living hell because one of their children or other family members had been killed or injured on the road.

No I am not a copper, they are the worst for driving at criminally high speeds, just because they can usually get away with it.

43 in a 30 is almost 50% over the limit. If that was in a built up area, especially if lamp post criteria etc. applied and there were no speed signs to the contrary, the sensible thing to do is assume it is thirty.

No invective from any quarter thank you. This is my belief, which I live by and by which I hope my Children and Grandchildren may be allowed to stay alive.

26 years ago, I was fined for doing 42 in a 30, I was passing a car which had been doing 20 for a mile and a half, with nothing on the road. So I am not pure as the driven snow, not as young as I was, but a site wiser, and more responsible.

Last edited by Energumen; 1st November 2009 at 08:04.