Thread: Hello everyone.
View Single Post
Old 10th July 2011, 21:58

Glad you like the pictures.
I design the buildings using 'Paint' - a very simple image drawing program - others are available but they're too complicated for me! The elavations are drawn up and printed out to make the parts.
But the biggest difficulty is finding the 'raw' information - how many windows were there in the wall- how many entrances to the garage. What was the original signage like?
Like many members, I love to look at old photos , but very often I find I'm moving my head from side to side to look around the bus to see the building behind! (It doesn't work!)
With so many models now available reasonably cheaply, if they can be displayed in the right surroundings then, the memory is stirred - a three dimensional photo springs to life.
So if people who have personal experience of "places of transport importance" can post up some photos. I can't promise any particular models, but the more I see , the wider the range of models I can produce.
I've managed to amass a library of London bus garage pictures , so these will continue (for ever - there were 100 or more!) but my knowledge outside London is pretty poor. I've begun to look at Fire Stations - again from a position of great ignorance! So if anyone has some old photos full of 'atmosphere' - let's see them!