Truck & Bus Forum

Truck & Bus Forum (https://www.truckandbusforum.com/index.php)
-   Transport Cafes - Past & Present (https://www.truckandbusforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Transport Cafes (https://www.truckandbusforum.com/showthread.php?t=255)

Chic 10th October 2008 23:52

Transport Cafes

Went toJacks Hill Cafe last week. Boy has that gone downhill!

ceylon220 11th October 2008 16:46

Remember calling in at the motorway services M6 Knutsford for my 3/4hr break during the early morning 1am a few years ago when they were renovating the place, first stop was the toilets which were portacabins at the time , went in ,the place was exceptionally clean, even jars of flowers on the wash stands, nice idea I thought, done the business and was washing my hands at the basin when 2 elderly women walked in, well I don`t know who was more surprised, them or me, after a quick explaination I departed rather quickly-----the toilets were the LADIES, no wonder the daffodils were on show---Flowers for wagon drivers, no I don`t think so!!!!!!!!!!

Ian 11th October 2008 17:10

When coaching, from Manchester to the East coast we always stopped at Hartshead Moor Services. Never stopped on the return journey, until one evening somebody wanted the toilet so quick stop, I thought I would join the rest straight into the Gents only West bound its the Ladies whoops

Ian

Energumen 11th October 2008 22:46

I am not so sure, these excuses seem a bit thin, sounds like a bit of voyeurism to me. Ha ha ha
Regards
Energumen

Mandator 12th October 2008 22:30

Oh I don't know.
It would make a change seeing women having a p*** instead of taking the p***.:rolleyes:

Energumen 12th October 2008 23:01

Ha ha ha ha ha, you rude man.

ceylon220 13th October 2008 18:29

So thats why there are holes in the cubicals in the toilets Energumen, I always had the feeling of being watched in these service stops!!!!!!

Energumen 13th October 2008 18:37

Well, not from personal experience you understand, but some people do seem to make these little excursions into the wrong rest rooms, without a great deal of trouble. Ha ha ha .

I'm orf now, whilst I am safe.

Dingbat 30th October 2008 14:15

abortsford

just outside aberford,old stone biult building.great cheap food,alsa gone now.good place to park up,was normans at normanton,a bit rough but you could have a shower and good food,lorry park a bit rough.i believe it burnt down.londonderry lorry park still going strong.had some good nights out at the star truck stop lesmahagow [let me hair grow] also the truck stop at aberdeen.

Mandator 30th October 2008 21:40

I used the Star Lesmahagow quite regular,never went in Normans but I remember the one at Aberford.Not been up the A1 for donkeys years so most will have gone now,but I think the one at Quernhow is still going.
Back in Scotland did you ever use the one at Chapelhall near Airdrie or the Silver Link Kincardine Bridge?

Chris.