Truck & Bus Forum

Truck & Bus Forum (https://www.truckandbusforum.com/index.php)
-   Say Hello (https://www.truckandbusforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Welcome to all new members (https://www.truckandbusforum.com/showthread.php?t=3)

Andy 10th September 2008 20:52

Welcome to all new members

A warm welcome to new members. Whether you are involved in the business or simply a fan of trucks and buses, this is the site for you. Feel free to post in the discussion forums, or upload photos to the gallery section. If you have any suggestions for improving the site ie adding forums etc..... please let us know.
We hope you enjoy your time at truckandbusforum.com.

Best regards,
The truckandbusforum team

Fina 12th September 2008 21:38

say hello

Hi Andy, when I click say hello I get invalid FAQ item specified.
Please help. I have sent two letters to admin and have had no reply.
Thank you.
Barney..

Andy 12th September 2008 22:14

Hi,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Yep, you clicked on the 'find out how to post' link that should go to the faq section, rather than the 'hello' link, the former needs sorting, the latter would've taken you to the hello forum, as it should do. However, the link words need a bit of highlighting.
Anyway, you've posted now, so the box will have gone.
cheers,
Andy

G-CPTN 17th September 2008 16:42

A message to the administrators:-
The page that opens when visiting afresh shows Unread Posts and New Photos (that's good!).
After visiting the message threads the number of unread posts diminishes, but the 'New Photos' stays the same.

Clicking on the 'Mark all read' under the 'New Photos' icon resets not only the photos but also the messages (which may not have been read).

G-C

Ollie 18th September 2008 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fina (Post 116)
Hi Andy, when I click say hello I get invalid FAQ item specified.
Please help. I have sent two letters to admin and have had no reply.
Thank you.
Barney..

This should be fixed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-CPTN (Post 286)
A message to the administrators:-
The page that opens when visiting afresh shows Unread Posts and New Photos (that's good!).
After visiting the message threads the number of unread posts diminishes, but the 'New Photos' stays the same.

Clicking on the 'Mark all read' under the 'New Photos' icon resets not only the photos but also the messages (which may not have been read).

G-C

Unfortunately the two systems work slightly differently - the forum can keep track of what threads you've viewed (for up to 10 days) and thus the number can decrease as you view them. The gallery however only knows what time your last visit was, and looks for all photos that have been added since then.

billyboy 18th September 2008 12:14

Hi Ollie. Many thanks for all your work getting this site up and running. My what a busy chap you are with all these sites to look after. Do you ever get time to sleep?

ceylon220 30th September 2008 10:30

Hi Andy, I find when replying to a forum that it would be a lot easier if the member gave their christian name along with their forum name ie: ceylon220 (Dave), just a suggestion.
Great site, pleased that I was directed to it from my Ships Nostalgia site, some very good forums on the go,bringing old memories back to light, keep trucking!!!!

Andy 30th September 2008 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceylon220 (Post 480)
Hi Andy, I find when replying to a forum that it would be a lot easier if the member gave their christian name along with their forum name ie: ceylon220 (Dave), just a suggestion.
Great site, pleased that I was directed to it from my Ships Nostalgia site, some very good forums on the go,bringing old memories back to light, keep trucking!!!!

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the kind words.
I'm afraid the first name issue isn't something we can really do much about, it's all part of web life and some just wish to be known as their username.

cheers,
Andy