Truck & Bus Forum

Truck & Bus Forum (https://www.truckandbusforum.com/index.php)
-   Drivers Discussion Forum (https://www.truckandbusforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Photo Numbers. (https://www.truckandbusforum.com/showthread.php?t=3597)

hilifta 26th September 2010 01:36

Photo Numbers.

Morning all,

I wanted to pen to paper, so to speak, as I have just been trawling through my photos and got a bit of a feeling that maybe I am hogging the site, and maybe boring viewers with all my “Auckland Docks” photos.
Please let me know if you are getting sick of them.
Joining this site has made me look again at the trucks of Auckland, (and anywhere else I may be), and recording the sights before they vanish. My recent scanning and uploads of some of my older pre digital photos has made me realise how much things change.
Because of this I have been shooting a lot of the ordinary trucks, not just the fancy models and colour schemes. I am making a specific effort to capture the older models before they also vanish. Getting that SEMCO Foden last week, 2 wks before it leaves their fleet was a real thrill.
So I am asking, do you guys want to see these “ordinary” trucks as well, or am I posting too many.
I have about 1500 pre-digital photos which I will have to scan, but first I have to figure out how to use the thing!!. The older photos uploaded so far were done commercially, but that is too expensive to keep doing it that way.
These older shots are mainly 70’s and 80’s, with a few back to the 60’s. Also quite a few taken in the USA.
I also notice that there are very few viewers for bus pictures, obviously not too many “bus nuts” here. That is why I have not uploaded a lot of my Asian buses.
As I say I was a bit concerned about hogging the site, so please tell me if I am on track, or off track.

Mike (hilifta)

P/s; I am off to Bathurst next Friday, so maybe some Aussie trucks coming up!

G-CPTN 26th September 2010 10:55

Keep them coming!

You are finding trucks that we have not seen in the UK, so they are of interest (at least to me) . . .

robertdavey6 26th September 2010 20:36

I wish I was going to Bathurst! Keep 'em coming for me, too. If a picture don't particularly interest me, I just skip right past them. Until it gets a lot of response. Then I look and see what I'm missing.

Pat Bourke 26th September 2010 22:32

Don't stop Mike, keep them coming I'm certainly enjoying your photos.
Thanks Pat.

Fazer9553 27th September 2010 09:35

Second all of the above.

Mr-Tomcat 13th October 2010 19:01

Keep them coming, I have no objection's, wide variety of not often seen lorries.

Andy. ;)

les turnbull 13th October 2010 20:55

Your pictures are fab Hilifta keep them coming,
I live at the port of Hartlepool and love to see pictures in and around the docks ,I have many ships and fishing boats pictures myself.
I do no how u feel though as i could flood the site With Morrisons truck pictures but all my fleet look the same so i only post the odd one.

coastie 14th October 2010 03:18

Yep, keep them coming Mike.

darloboy 18th October 2010 14:06

photo's

keep on posting I am across the ditch so to speak like to whats about geof

darloboy 15th February 2011 17:22

canberra etc

morning gents/ladies it is early morning here as most of you are asleep (i should be) just posted a pic or two from the summer nats where grown men act like daft kids with too much money but interesting al the same the l/r was a great attraction with its different set up to original truck look
the mitchel b triple is a new trple set being delivered pic taken at a rest stop on nullabor plain out of mundrabilla & hilifta if you thuoght bells line was bad see it after the rains wash aways have taken its toll it really is a goat track now