Truck & Bus Forum Truck & Bus Forum
00:57
Welcome to the Truck & Bus Forums
Welcome!A very warm welcome to truckandbusforum.com, a completely FREE online community for people worldwide with an interest in vintage and modern trucks and buses.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Please feel free to join by clicking HERE.

Go Back   Truck & Bus Forum > Truck Forums > Vintage Truck Discussion

Old 10th September 2017, 15:42

Leyland roadrunner help. F reg 8:12 horsebox

Hi, nice forum, good work, this is my first post on here, hoping to find a few solutions to my ever increasing list of problems. Firstly, will the barrel ignition from a c reg 8:10 roadrunner fit my f reg 8:12 does anybody know? As in the whole unit so as to refit to the column and reconnect all the wiring...

Secondly, been having problems with the clutch fluid leaking from the bell housing . Fitted new slave cylinder 3 months ago, all was fine. Just done 1000 miles to south of france and now theres leaking from the bell housing and ive to top up the reservoir literally every 4-5 minutes while im driving. There is no fluid around the actual cylinder if this helps. Am i right in thinking that its summat and nowt with the leak being so quick and that maybe i can tighten something up and re bleed or is the cylinder gone again already?
And last but not least (for the now touch wood) a klunking sound has started on the offside wheel area when im coming off roundabouts or turning extremly(dropping the right hand down) (as im in france im going around the roundabout the opposite way if that makes sense)
Thanks so much for taking the time to read this, any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Im in the verge of driving the truck into a canal and forgetting about it but after all weve been through together deep down i know this would be a crying shame . Thanks again.
Old 10th September 2017, 19:56

Starting to think the slave has gone again. Is this common with reconditioned cylinders does anyone know? Or is there a chance that it wasnt fitted correctly? Seemed fine for 1400 miles. Might re bleed and see if it helps or am i just wasting my time do you think?

So just the ignition now...surely a c reg 8 10 will be ok for an f reg 8 12? Thanks again for reading. Just a pain in the ass with me being in france thats all. The learning curve goes on.....