Truck & Bus Forum Truck & Bus Forum
00:50
Welcome to the Truck & Bus Forums
Welcome!A very warm welcome to truckandbusforum.com, a completely FREE online community for people worldwide with an interest in vintage and modern trucks and buses.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Please feel free to join by clicking HERE.

Go Back   Truck & Bus Forum > Bus & Coach Forums > Todays Bus & Coach News
Home Register Gallery TV FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 3rd June 2013, 17:24

19 kids injured after two buses crashed

At around 8.25 today a coach carrying kids on a school trip was hit from behind by another coach. 19 kids was sent to hospital. Later
a truck and two Cars crashed, killing one. that accident was very similar to the first one and was a result of the traffic jam from the first accident.

http://m.expressen.se/nyheter/skolkl...ycka-i-orebro/
http://na.se/nyheter/orebro/1.209724...-i-bussolyckan
http://na.se/nyheter/orebro/1.209764...n-person-omkom
Old 3rd June 2013, 20:53

The latest news says that it was 60 passengers on the both buses.
The bus carrying school kids slowed down because of an accident and the other bus, carrying Corean tourist, crashed into the rear. A 24 meter tank truck managed to sverve off the road, nearly avoiding the two crashed buses.
33 passengers was sent to hospital by ambulance or by bus, 8 of them with serious injuries.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article16894389.ab (Tank truck on pic)

Last edited by Bobjork; 3rd June 2013 at 21:22.
Old 3rd June 2013, 21:43

Google translation, but I guess you can fathom it out.

Charter buses stood still after a crash - then approached a tanker truck at full speed.

Only at the last second realized the danger and the driver drove off the road.

- It could have been a real disaster otherwise, says Pelle Lindgren on emergency services.

The bus stopped with a bang.

Onboard awoke 16-year-old Emelie Johannesson with a scream.

She was on the field trip with his class from Djäkneskolan in Skara when the bus driver braked at a traffic accident on the E18, one and a half mil northeast of Örebro.

But next vehicle, also a coach, could not stop - and drove them from behind.

- I felt the whole bus was put forward, says Emelie Johannesson.

Several passengers on the two buses were damaged and shocked. Most of Emelies classmates who sat at the back was broken glass on when the rear window was shattered by the collision.

But the danger was not over.
Swerved at the last second

Behind the two buses came a much heavier truck with trailer still.

Behind the wheel sat a 56-year-old father of two from Västra Götaland. At the last minute he managed to avert a direct collision, after which the tanker crashed into the rear corner of the bus and was thrown out of the terrain.

The heavy truck came with such force that it stayed until it disappeared into the woods, all visible from the road was the trailer that came out between the trees.
"Had been able to become disaster '

Left on E18 stood bus with ninth-hire and another with Korean tourists, many were wounded - but they all survived.

- He did a really good deed when he swerved. It had not been good at all if he had driven on the buses, it could have been a real disaster, says Pelle Lindgren, internal officers of the emergency services in Örebro.

When the rescue call-up came running towards the accident saw the incident commander Michael Nilsson on.

- What I first saw was the truck that was run in the woods.

Firefighters broke out in the terrain towards the truck. There, they saw the driver.

- He was outside the car, he was not feeling well. He is probably the most severely injured in the accident.

Just after 19 greets however driver's wife that he was doing well.

A total of 33 people were injured in the accident on the E18, several of them seriously. But, according to emergency services truck driver swerving have prevented a major disaster.
Father: "Professionally done"

- It went pretty good, in that both buses remained on the road and not overturned, it would have been very easy, and then it would have been much more difficult to manage. Now it was pretty easy, says Michael Nilsson.

When Aftonbladet reaches 16 year old Emelie John's father Thomas, he is working hard to meet their daughter at the bus in Skara. Emelie is unhurt and father Tomas encounter with a hug.

- It feels really good. One may say that it was very professionally done by the driver. When he realized that he can not stop, he drove into the ditch. It's very professional.
Old 3rd June 2013, 22:03

Thanks for the translation. Wrote most of my post with my phone.
The truck driver is one of the seriously injured persons.

In Stockholm it was just a normal day with the big tunnel "Södra länken" being closed after a strange accident between a car and a light truck.
Took me two hours to get home (normally it takes around 45 minutes)
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article16894925.ab (Not the picture)