Truck & Bus Forum Truck & Bus Forum
20:21
Welcome to the Truck & Bus Forums
Welcome!A very warm welcome to truckandbusforum.com, a completely FREE online community for people worldwide with an interest in vintage and modern trucks and buses.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Please feel free to join by clicking HERE.

Go Back   Truck & Bus Forum > Members Area > Say Hello
Home Register Gallery TV FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11th June 2011, 15:13

Hi all new member.

Hi joined as i am a huge truckie, i own 5 4x2 fh12 dc13c 500hp trucks and run smitz cargobull tri axle tipper trailers.

i come from a family of truckers, my uncle owns 3 daf xf 105's and my causin owns a range of volvo's from 87 f16's to fl10 intercoolers.

hope everyones well and came on to share experiance,fun and laughter.
Old 11th June 2011, 15:37

Welcome to you, quest.

Sounds like you have a lot of potential entertainment to bring to this site!

Looking forward to reading your contributions.
Old 11th June 2011, 15:43

You are very welcome to the forum Quest
Old 11th June 2011, 17:31

thanks for the friendly welcome. my name is jack sorry i should of put that in, hope alls well. far better and more friendlier than other forums we have been in. im sorry if it seemed like a ''bragged'' about our fleet. i didnt want to come accross that way.

but thanks for the friendly welcome.
Old 11th June 2011, 21:10

Send a message via Skype™ to coastie
A very warm welcome, Quest, from the sunny Isle of Anglesey. That sounds like quite a fleet you have between you all.
Old 11th June 2011, 22:27

Thanks coastie,lovely place up there, i went her still in the tomtom, Henty Oil
Salt Island Holyhead Harbour, Holyhead, Gwynedd LL65 1DQ

we have alltogether 18 trucks, i still prefer the old f16's but for long journeys i would take the new fh trucks.

i have seen a few posts you have done, am i right in saying you volunteer as a nrli guard?

i have alot of respect for the poeple who do that, in 2005 we raised over 9,400 i think it was for the skegness nrli. we auctioned off a 1998 s'plate daf 8x4 for them as we said we wanted to do a charity run, but no one was intrested we even had adverts and stuff for school fate's but again the council said no and no wanted us so we said we were going to sell off a hi-ab 8x4 tipper, and we gave the lot to them. it was quite disapointing but at least we did try for them.
Old 11th June 2011, 22:36

Am looking at the Henty oil place as I type this, it's just across the bay from where I am.

You're almost right as far as my occupation is concerned, I actually work for H.M. Coastguard and I work in the Ops Room in Holyhead MRCC. I'm not a volunteer but, like you, I have a lot of time for the people who do and are more than willing to leave the warmth of their beds to go out and help people on cold rainy windswept nights.

What you did as regards fundraising was a tremendous thing and you should be congratulated for it, well done. The Lifeboats need all the help they can get.
Old 11th June 2011, 22:41

ye you would think that we would be congratulated but we did it for them in the end, as we were annoyed by the council we wanted to join a kids fate at a school and my wife was going to bake and do run round the block thing for the kids but they said no straightaway we couldnt leave them without anything, so we countered our losses and sold a truck for them.

thats sounds a fantastic job hope alls well coastie out there as it's thunderstorms down buxton way.
Old 11th June 2011, 22:46

Some C(l)ouncils are like that, they want all the credit for themselves!

I have the 2182kh/cs radio beside me and I can hear that it's thundering somewhere, we're expecting it here sometime although it's not forecast at least not on the one issued at 4 this afternoon anyway. Will see what the updated forecast says in about an hour.

The job has its ups and downs. We hepled co ordinate the rescue of a Dolphin which was almost beached on Wednesday which was rather nice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-13705169 I was the "says Holyhead Coastguard."

Last edited by coastie; 11th June 2011 at 22:49.
Old 12th June 2011, 06:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastie View Post
Some C(l)ouncils are like that, they want all the credit for themselves!

I have the 2182kh/cs radio beside me and I can hear that it's thundering somewhere, we're expecting it here sometime although it's not forecast at least not on the one issued at 4 this afternoon anyway. Will see what the updated forecast says in about an hour.

The job has its ups and downs. We hepled co ordinate the rescue of a Dolphin which was almost beached on Wednesday which was rather nice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-13705169 I was the "says Holyhead Coastguard."
most jobs are like that,but thats fantastic about the dolphin, they unfortunately don't usually servive when that happens.