Truck & Bus Forum Truck & Bus Forum
22:50
Welcome to the Truck & Bus Forums
Welcome!A very warm welcome to truckandbusforum.com, a completely FREE online community for people worldwide with an interest in vintage and modern trucks and buses.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Please feel free to join by clicking HERE.

Go Back   Truck & Bus Forum > Truck Forums > Drivers Discussion Forum
Home Register Gallery TV FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 9th November 2011, 20:08

anybody help please....

im abit in the **** with a scania double drive R440.

for some reason its a massive problem and i can't despite 2 days of everything iv tried to do it, will not fix.

i changed the clutch and sorted the PTO after it come up on the dash with the light, so rectified that.

the problem is it will not use low range gears at all, if you put ignition on in low range it works then if you switch to hi range and back to low it constantly goes to a default setting and keeps it in hi range.

i changed a few leads around and pluga and messed about even trying to use it with swapped plugs and without the solonoids connected, but still nothing, then for some reason there is power to the plugs and the solonoids but then only to some cables in the gearstick,

so i pulled out the dash passenger side and unclipped the gearbox connector at the bottom of the stick, and tested with a multi metre all the power outlets and plugs, to see if a can find the blue brown and black cable feeds to the connector in the gearstalk, but can't find it, then used the same method on the circuit bourd on the top of the dash where all the fuses are kept, still nothing, then also pulled apart the bit under the passenger windowscreen to the circuit boards there and still all worked. apart from i couldn't work out why there was power at the gearbox but not by the stick in the cab.

i tried to changed the solonoids over to work them backwards to get it to do something and still sweet f.a.

the dash displays gear box malfucntion but everything in the gearbox and the machanicals are completely fine it just will not use low range,
Old 10th November 2011, 08:04

Break in wiring loom ?
Old 15th November 2011, 20:16

About a decade ago i had a Scania 113m loose low range and it was the switch or wiring in the gearstick that they fixed .