Truck & Bus Forum Truck & Bus Forum
15:52
Welcome to the Truck & Bus Forums
Welcome!A very warm welcome to truckandbusforum.com, a completely FREE online community for people worldwide with an interest in vintage and modern trucks and buses.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Please feel free to join by clicking HERE.

Go Back   Truck & Bus Forum > Members Area > Say Hello

Old 19th September 2010, 21:42

Welcome Darloboy. We'll swap you. Our rain for your sun. I was in Perth W.A. in 2003 and saw 10minutes of rain in all the weeks I was there!
Old 19th September 2010, 22:15

First time I visited Sydney, I had been advised that I 'wouldn't need a raincoat', but they were having the most severe rains for years - all public transport was stopped and there were floods 'everywhere' (with walls toppled by the flow of water through residential districts).

Apparently it was August 1986:-
Quote:
The August 1986 floods is an event that lives in the mind of any Sydney-sider who experienced it. You ask anyone - they may not know the date but when you remind them they say "yes - that's the one!". Now there have been other floods in this generation - but this particular event is astonishing given the record rainfall recorded in Sydney - 328mm in 24 hours in Sydney with regions in usually a much drier western Sydney exceeding the 250mm rainfall barrier.
Quote:
the worst flooding in Sydney occurred on the 5-8 August 1986. Almost half of Sydney's rainfall fell on the city during this time. Six people died due to flooded-related causes. The Sydney weather during this time was dreadful to say the least. People had to spend many days indoors as it was simply to dangerous to venture outside due to the gale force winds and torrential rain. Worse still no one wanted to drive on the roads for fear of being swept away by the flood waters.

Last edited by G-CPTN; 19th September 2010 at 22:25.
Old 20th September 2010, 00:49

Send a message via Skype™ to darloboy
rain

the trouble with perth is we are on the west coast ,sidney on the east some 4.000 kms away where the rain comes south from queensland 'cos they don't want it upsetting the holiday makers was in the sidney western suburbs jan '10 it rained so much a train was washed off the tracks in the mountains.
Old 20th September 2010, 00:57

persisting down

we wish some persisting would occurr even tho' i use a scoot to do the hobby job (pics posted)or the volunteer drive job we had about 1/2 av. rain this 'winter' cold tho don't laugh we had the most nights under 5*c on record even ice on the wagon one time
Old 20th September 2010, 01:00

motor way bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertdavey6 View Post
Welcome Darloboy. We'll swap you. Our rain for your sun. I was in Perth W.A. in 2003 and saw 10minutes of rain in all the weeks I was there!
at our bus group we have a bus when & if res goes so fast it won't be allowed on our faster road system even push bikes pass it
Old 22nd September 2010, 15:40

forcast

evening all just a word before bed is it still raining? today here dry 27*c tomorrow the same a nice day for a bike ride the aprilia scoot will be pleasant 25 miles for a day at the preservation w/shop & after all is said & done more is said than done I will post the next pic of the repaint on the hino when the guru (wife) jogs my memory on how to get it from the camera bye
Old 22nd September 2010, 17:58

Send a message via Skype™ to coastie
Rain?? RAIN??? I walked up to Morrissons about 3 hours ago (about a mile away) and got absolutely soaked through, it really came on hard as I was walking up the A55, my coat and jeans are saturated.
Old 22nd September 2010, 23:23

rain?

mornin' if & when it gets wet it is torrential but we are in a deadly drought in the west east side is wet & full for the 1st time in ages In Darwin the locals just carry on normal when it is wet as it is warm shirts & blouses get washed as you walk soon dry out to yesterday was driving the 0305 today is fixing fg austin bus has a bit of rust but it is unrecognizable with it's local tin work
Old 22nd September 2010, 23:30

Is the 0305 one of these?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_O305
Old 23rd September 2010, 00:55

Send a message via Skype™ to coastie
Quote:
Originally Posted by darloboy View Post
mornin' if & when it gets wet it is torrential but we are in a deadly drought in the west east side is wet & full for the 1st time in ages In Darwin the locals just carry on normal when it is wet as it is warm shirts & blouses get washed as you walk soon dry out to yesterday was driving the 0305 today is fixing fg austin bus has a bit of rust but it is unrecognizable with it's local tin work
So, you have an open air "Miss Wet T shirt Competition" then??