Truck & Bus Forum Truck & Bus Forum
09:40
Welcome to the Truck & Bus Forums
Welcome!A very warm welcome to truckandbusforum.com, a completely FREE online community for people worldwide with an interest in vintage and modern trucks and buses.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Please feel free to join by clicking HERE.

Go Back   Truck & Bus Forum > Bus & Coach Forums > Vintage Bus & Coach Discussion

Old 13th September 2008, 23:21

What would you like to see preserved?

I often dream of winning the Euro-Lottery, then going out on a buying spree. I'd love to get my hands on...

1) BMMO Fleetline with Alexander H45/30D, of the SHA-G batch,
2) Birmingham City Fleetline with Marshall B37F body. There's one at BAMMOT, but I'd like to see more,
3) Manchester City Atlantean or Fleetline of the LNA-G batch. Someone has preserved 1001 of the HVM-F batch, but it doesn't look as good,
4) Bristol REMH in Western SMT or Eastern Scottish livery,
5) Ex-Standerwick Bristol VRL,
6) Ex-Nottingham C.T. AEC Swift with NCME bodywork (PTO-G registration?)
7) Alexander bodied Leyland Panther, ex-Tyneside PTE or ex-Glasgow C.T.
8) Ex-Liverpool Leyland Panther with MCCW body in ORIGINAL Cream & Green livery,
9) Leyland Panther with Marshall Camair bodywork. There were loads in/around Tyneside with more than one company.
10) A Bristol RELH with ECW coachwork. Mundane, but I always thought they looked stylish.
11) ECW bodied Bristol RELL with FLAT windscreen, and not the awful BET style,
12) Dual-door LH. If my memory serves me right, Hants & Dorset or Wilts & Dorset had some.

What's on your wish-list?

John the Trapper

P.S. Also add a BMMO S21 - I THINK someone has got hold of 3 of them for preservation - I hope so. Paint them with a BLACK roof!

Last edited by Trapper John; 14th September 2008 at 14:54. Reason: I'm an old f**t, with a failing memory - gimme a break!
Old 14th September 2008, 09:41

Send a message via Yahoo to billyboy
I drove the BMMO fleetlins.SHA...G batch and the D7"s,D9's in fact everything they had.
Also drove several different types of Southdowns too the PD2's, queen marys, guy arabs ect. Love the old Busses me!
Old 3rd October 2008, 17:02

Bristol K6's (either Bristol or Gardner engines); Daimler CVD6's; AEC Regents (up to Mark 111) both with crash gearbox, and with pre-selector; Bedford OB coach. With that little ensemble you have the Halle Orchestra of bus music. (Personally, I never cared for the sounds produced by Leylands.)
Old 3rd October 2008, 22:43

What I would love

Hi folks, oh Billy Boy, Yes, so did I, the Guy Arabs including the one in the Gallery The Leyland PD2's also back loaders and my lovely PD3 Queen Mary's, from the 'One Leggers', Epicyclic Gearboxes, to the last few E and F registered ones. see Galery, Worthing Bus Rally.

How I remember the Qeen Mary's Brakes, If you took over a 12 road at Eastbourne to return to Brighton Pool Valley, and the previous guy had not been prudent with his braking, you could guarantee that you would need to arrange a 'change over at Old Steine, whilst yours went to Edward Street, to have the brake drums hosed down, so the shoes would reach them again.

If I had loved the punters as much as the buses, I might still have been doing it.

But that is another story, (or Epic Saga more like).
Regards
Energumen
Old 6th October 2008, 09:30

SBG Duple Dominant/Goldliner III

I understand most of them were re-bodied in to buses in the early 90's but the Scottish Bus Group Duple Dominant III/Goldliner III's delivered between 1981-1983 for the Scotland - London services would make a mighty impressive preserved vehicle. Particularly in the original blue and white stripe livery. Wonder if any still out there?
Old 11th February 2009, 19:20

Send a message via MSN to Mr-Tomcat
I'd like to see this back on the road XWJ 400G, drove here a few times myself with a synchro box, and traveled in her with my dad whilst she had a crash box lovely little coach in her day, deserves better than this.

Andy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 884.jpg (101.5 KB, 11 views)
Old 9th April 2009, 11:56

I would love to have seen a BMMO FEDD, F= Front E= Entrance and the d's are double decker, I know that non survive, but you can dream.
Of late the railway world has come to life wtih groups building locos that are missing from preservation, trouble is it takes lots of cash......any one out there with lots of cash????
Old 9th April 2009, 12:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd9 View Post
I would love to have seen a BMMO FEDD, F= Front E= Entrance and the d's are double decker, I know that non survive, but you can dream.
Of late the railway world has come to life wtih groups building locos that are missing from preservation, trouble is it takes lots of cash......any one out there with lots of cash????
and staying on a BMMO theme if theres any cash left over after the FEDD then most definitely a C3 or C4 coach. There are C1's in preservation and extremely nice they look as well. These just modified the design with more frontal streamlining. They were used primarily for extended tour work in Great Britain plus day trips. If only...........
Old 9th April 2009, 15:52

Any Bristol KSW of the former Bristol Tramways. PHW998 if it was available.
Old 9th April 2009, 18:41

PHW 998 no longer recognised as being registered (though it might be hiding somewhere).