Truck & Bus Forum Truck & Bus Forum
13:10
Welcome to the Truck & Bus Forums
Welcome!A very warm welcome to truckandbusforum.com, a completely FREE online community for people worldwide with an interest in vintage and modern trucks and buses.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Please feel free to join by clicking HERE.

Go Back   Truck & Bus Forum > Members Area > Say Hello
Home Register Gallery TV FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 29th September 2010, 22:22

I (try to) look at every photograph and read every comment.

Sometimes I comment (if I can think of anything or I see something) sometimes I don't, but photographs are appreciated (by me). I'm more interested in trucks (and their loads) than (modern) buses - though some of them catch my eye, and if I see one similar in town I try to identify it so that I can recognise it next time I see one.

I've got 'one' tucked away in the camera that was new to me - I'll need to investigate it first though.
Old 29th September 2010, 22:27

Send a message via Skype™ to coastie
I also try to look at all the images which are posted, but if I can't think of anything to say I won't post a comment just for the hell of it.
Old 1st October 2010, 19:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastie View Post
I also try to look at all the images which are posted, but if I can't think of anything to say I won't post a comment just for the hell of it.
Same goes for me. I know I've posted a couple of piccygraphs that have received no comments. I was just thinking about it last week and wondering why. One in particular, I was quite surprised at the lack of comment.
Old 1st October 2010, 21:13

I quite agree with what is being said by all, but take notice of the people who have responded to this thread. It is the same people who contribute all of the time, where are all the other members, they must have something to say or contribute, after all why did they join?

Alan
Old 1st October 2010, 21:31

Looking at the members list, there are some that have not visited the site for two years, so yes why did they join???
Old 1st October 2010, 22:33

It's possible that, at the time, it wasn't as active as they expected.

I have joined other sites when required to in order to see images (members only) then never go back.
Old 2nd October 2010, 01:46

Send a message via Skype™ to coastie
Just out of interest here, how many of the members on here, current or otherwise, are also members of "Sister Forums" like SN or the Railway Forum, or even the Aviation Nostalgia forum?
Old 2nd October 2010, 09:26

Send a message via Skype™ to darloboy
'afternoon all just perusing & low & behold in an old list of members there i am under another name i totally forgot (am of a certain age now) i joined before i went a tripping .
I did not have any i.t. comms the desk top is unable to travel but that is rectified hopefully being compooter illrgitamate can't spell two gud iether whilst away next i can keep waffling on if in an area where the satelite operates from & to We do use the coffee shop (macca's) now & again plug the portable in the ? was put about hobby's well as a non drinker & no tea (after squaddy tea) i collect diecast tea vans but not bus with advert on it any thing i have driven or worked on or an affinity with like a bus from the mob t.o.m. drove for or a b.r.s.truck he had i even repaint the odd truck to what i want tea /biscuit tins but must be a truck or bus/tram or a van the duchess is complaining of the shelf space but i have industrial deafness & besides she got the 1st one, I am an avid diy er being of scot's jewish geordie who moved to yorkshire i hate paying out for a job i think i can do so guy's comments please geof the darloboy
Old 2nd October 2010, 09:32

trying

I agree we must try my other 1/2 says I am always trying often very trying so come on lighten up jump out of the box whatever it takes & join tangents is not a problem maybe the solution geof the darloboy downunder
Old 2nd October 2010, 11:52

old bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-CPTN View Post
I (try to) look at every photograph and read every comment.

Sometimes I comment (if I can think of anything or I see something) sometimes I don't, but photographs are appreciated (by me). I'm more interested in trucks (and their loads) than (modern) buses - though some of them catch my eye, and if I see one similar in town I try to identify it so that I can recognise it next time I see one.

I've got 'one' tucked away in the camera that was new to me - I'll need to investigate it first though.
as an aside when does new become old? or is it the style of our youth ?