Truck & Bus Forum Truck & Bus Forum
10:04
Welcome to the Truck & Bus Forums
Welcome!A very warm welcome to truckandbusforum.com, a completely FREE online community for people worldwide with an interest in vintage and modern trucks and buses.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Please feel free to join by clicking HERE.

Go Back   Truck & Bus Forum > Other Road Transport > Models & Other Collectables

Old 14th June 2011, 20:48

Help wanted

A friend of mine is wanting to kit-bash one of these http://www.flickr.com/photos/34507830@N04/3917056416 in 1:72 (4mm) scale. Does anyone have any measurements and/or piccygraphs. Especially of the rear end tank arrangements. He has a Langley Models kit to provide the chassis but thinks it a touch too long.
ANY help gratefully received.
Old 15th June 2011, 21:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertdavey6 View Post
A friend of mine is wanting to kit-bash one of these http://www.flickr.com/photos/34507830@N04/3917056416 in 1:72 (4mm) scale. Does anyone have any measurements and/or piccygraphs. Especially of the rear end tank arrangements. He has a Langley Models kit to provide the chassis but thinks it a touch too long.
ANY help gratefully received.
its called a route master 3, i used to see them alot going in and out of there picking up quick lime dust in the 44tonner. they allways have them sat under the sylos for over 15 years at least. the other one was sat back in a shed somewhere but not far from the canteen..

iv uploaded a pic not sure where it went, but its the same length as a 8x4 tipper because my uncle had one. heres a simular one anyway and from the same year old S reg.
looking for a link to a pic i hope this helps as the chassis lengths the same as a 23 ton 8x4. the tank is no different than the ones on the old 8x4 erf's from the late 80's early 90's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4724250514_23a2fe574b.jpg (109.1 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by quest-uk; 15th June 2011 at 21:26.
Old 16th June 2011, 07:16

hope this helps dave..
the tanks were built by the same firm i think. bulk powder ones the one below has the same layout as a bulk powder but more of a rounder top, sampson i think they are called are big bulk carriers up buxton way. maybe look at there fleet but the arrangements are the same. i had alook for you in ourr old family albums and its pretty simular to the one my uncle had.. im sorry i couldn't be anymore helpful dave.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 600.jpg (69.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 16th June 2011, 18:41

THank you, Quest-UK. I'll show him those, next time I see him. Once it's built, he can repay me/us with a piccygraph to post on here.
Old 17th June 2011, 07:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertdavey6 View Post
THank you, Quest-UK. I'll show him those, next time I see him. Once it's built, he can repay me/us with a piccygraph to post on here.
the arrangements are the same as the pick with the rear bulk tanker.. sampson the company was called i was on about, but there was no point taking a photo as some of the items from the tank are missing and damaged.