Thread: TK mystery part
View Single Post
Old 28th November 2014, 09:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesdw View Post
There are certainly no more switches in the pipework or on the chassis. They could well be in the gauges though, this is one of the last TKs (1981) and has the late dashboard.
It's a shock to me that I have forgotten so much about the mechanics of how vehicles work after spending the best part of my life repairing them. However thinking about your problem of the low air switches - have a look at the low air gauges and check the amount of wiring going to them. A simple gauge that just registers air pressure will only have a small diameter air pipe running to it and the wiring for the bulb that illuminate's it. A more complicated one that includes the low air warning system will have a lot more wires running to it.
However I might be giving you the wrong information here, but have you looked at the pipes that run from the air tanks to the foot valve ? The low air switches might be connected to those either directly or from a tee connector and small diameter pipe just above the foot valve ?