View Single Post
Old 16th December 2011, 20:21

Question Help needed in finding a Number plates history.

Hi all,
My Dad has a Ford Anglia 105e, which was 1st registered in 1961, as WRC751. In 1987, the original numberplate was sold, and another was issued to the car.
I know this forum is for buses and trucks, but bear with me please...

The WRC751, plate went onto a bus, according to a change of reg document we got with the car,
' Previous reg of receiving vehicle, FCP311W
Make: leyland bus,
operated by Gath, Dewsbury.
I have traced this bus, All I know is it was rebodied in Aug, 1980.
BNC612C before rebody.
Chassis: LD PSU3/3R L22498
Seating: C53R
Body: 033/5183.

This is all numbers to me, i would like to find pictures of this exact bus, before and after rebodying if possible. Or what type, google images shows up all sorts of stuff.

WRC751 has also been on other coaches.

Leyland tiger, (TRC/TL11/2R)Duple Dominant IV body, New to London Country, and 1st registered as YPD108Y. Owned by delaine, and grays. This was owned by Stanley Gath, 1996-1999. Presumably with WRC plates. Last owners, bennetts, and as YPD108Y.

Bedford YMP / Plaxton. PN869.5MQP2COO8, BD YMP GT 104233.
1ST registered to Angel N15, As C337UFP. Also used JIL6316, C535DWW, SIL5978, WRC751, currently using C594GVU. Was last owned by Baldrys, now in St Helens. Was this once owned by Stanley Gath, when? Who else has owned this Coach?
Any Pics with WRC?

Currently on Iveco Eurorider, 391e. Former keeper was Pagan, Hounslow. Anyone heard of them? Presently WRC751, owned by Festival Travel, in Scotland.
Been in touch, he bought: ' an old Volvo Coach from Dewsbury, with Stanley Gath on it.'

So, it has been on at least 5 coaches, were there any more.

It appears Stanley Gath got the number 1st after Dads Anglia. Then kept it until their demise when Tates Travel bought them out. Been in touch with tates, and... no records were kept.
Was it only Stanley Gath that used it?

Does anyone have any pictures of any of the coaches, especially with the WRC751 plate on.
Any other info, including dates of ownership would be great.

Thank You

Stu