View Single Post
Old 26th April 2012, 01:03

Hi Deck boy.

Yes, I remember Dennis..he was the portly one with the thick rimmed eye glasses and greasy black hair....I cant speak ill against Dennis as he did me no harm but, you're right , he was David's right hand man and like most clerks, they try to emulate there superiors in whatever guise they are ..unfortunately for some, David was what he was.

The Philippines flag is to do with my wife my and family...strangely enough it was to do with my first wife the reasohin I stopped this type of driving..I was hardly home..the kids were becoming teenagers and my then wife was finding it hard to cope with them so, that spelt the end of my trucking adventures...the said marriage didn't last anyway..I'd spent too long up the road and the wife was also used to her own independence...I was just encroaching in her manor.

I remarried and never been happier....I actually intend taking up Philippines residency in the near future then coming back here 4 to 6 months of the year to work..thats the plan.
Yes, a lot of gun touting guards and police and for good reason..alot of extremes of wealth and poverty there but, its not like that everywhere there...the Americanism is thanks to the Jap invaders...its a shame, in my opinion that the then Goverment of the day didn't take up American offer to become an additional state of the Americas.

R oundabouts still here unlike the brs depot..thats now a retail park.

The Moonrakers is in the Penhill area of Swindon..its not a rough pub like it was back in the 70's and 80's but, its not a place the God fearing hang out

The trucks I drive now are somewhat different to the ones I drove back then although, Ralph Davis for one was using the technology at the time..the dreaded iso track systems and fleetboard card..you cant break wind without they knowing about it in the office..honestly, its a different ballgame now. The upside, they pay us good ..no complaints there which is after all, all what matters.