View Single Post
Old 12th June 2012, 20:10

Foden vs ERF. An quick survey.

Yesterday morning (11.06.12), just after I joined the M62 at Bradford, I spotted 2 real Fodens heading east. Not together but, in quick succession. That half reminded me of something posted somewhere on T&BF. Possibly, in reply to Hilifta's "Foden Friday", about how many there were, to be seen, on the road.
So, I started to keep a count of Fodens and ERF's heading in the opposite direction. Then, I decided to torrment you lot with the information. Whether you wanted it or not!

I drove from Bradford to Deeside Ind. Est., via Birkenhead. Then, back to the quayside at Killingholme, Immingham. After changing trailers I drove to Warrington, where I parked for the night. Having done around 8/8.5hrs of driving I had seen:-

20 Real ERF's as opposed to
14 MAN cabbed ones.

4 Real Fodens as opposed to
17 Alpha cabbed ones.

Today (12.06.12) I drove from Warrington to (just outside) Hull. Back to the quayside for a trailer change and then, up to Durham Services, on the A1(M). About 7.5hrs of driving. In that time I saw:-

15 Real ERF's and
17 MAN cabbed ones

1 Real Foden (a Showman's one. Just as I arrived here) and
20 Alpha cabbed ones.

In that mix, I saw rigids (4w, 6w, 8w) and artics. I even saw a 6w ERF with a drawbar trailer.

I leave you to form your own conclussions from the deluded ramblings of a truck driver with nothing much better to do. Just bear in mind that, if you sat at the side of the motorway , you might not see the same variety that I did.

I also saw 2 artic. and 1 rigid T-Cab on Monday and the same rigid one (Roadworks vehicle) on Tuesday. On top of that, I saw 2x Stewart International vehicles, the Heron Freight Scania and the Top Gear truck that K9-70 had posted.