View Single Post
Old 10th May 2013, 12:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franziskal View Post
Hi everyone I have a KDLC5 Bedford by franziskal » Thu May 09, 2013 10:59 am

I am in the process of trying to find a fault in my KDLC5 Bedford( like a TK)
I had trouble with my cof as when they drained the rear tank valve both needles in the gauge came down. Only one is meant to.It does not this when draining the front tank. I have had mechanics look at check valves and am going back for more. There needs to be some kind of non return system to stop that valve draining both tanks.Or have they got a single tank system ? The brakes are air over hydraulic and I have never had this trouble before
Any ideas?
Not too sure about the valves on your Bedford now as it's been a long time since I saw one close up. All modern air brake systems have a four way or multi protection valve fitted which should close off any tank that is losing pressure. It is not uncommon for these to stick in the open position from lack of use and build up of moisture and muck. It might be that your vehicle has a separate valve for each tank as I don't think that there are any auxiliary systems that use air such as air assisted clutch ? But whatever the set up is the valve/valves have got to be in the main air feed from the compressor. Once you locate it with luck it might just want stripping and cleaning.