View Single Post
Old 4th October 2008, 13:44

There were a lot of caffs on the A13 as well.It's a long time ago since I used any of them but the Four Oaks at Rainham was one that also did B&B.You had to back in off the A13 when the park was getting full and a young lad used to ask you what time you were away in the morning so you could be at the front.Interestingly,BRS wagons were always at the back.
Another one I recall was called Micks,always full of tankers day and night.I can't remember exactly where it was but you could get "bacon,egg and babble" anytime you wanted.There was another near some traffic lights at Collingham??,where you turned right to either Shell or Mobil refineries. And there was a nice little place off the A13 on Canvey Island not far from Texaco and London and Coastal Oil Wharves.It was still there in the 70s after the new road was put in to avoid Benfleet.
There were stacks more but me memory's not as good as it was

As an afterthought does anybody remember the cafe just off the Norf Circular close to the A10 roundabout on the A111? Southgate/Cockfosters road.It was handy for an early breakfast and got you away from the traffic later on.It was run by a Greek couple IIRC.

Chris.

Last edited by Mandator; 4th October 2008 at 13:48.