Thread: Accidents
View Single Post
Old 13th September 2008, 05:20

Accidents

I'm sure that most of us who have driven any period of time for a living have had a 'bump' or accident of some kind, me included.

Touch wood, I've only really had one that was my fault and one that I will put my hand up for. I was driving an old F7 unit with a tri-axle empty tipper trailer hitched up behind. It was about 5 in the morning and with the roads were covered with ice and snow I pulled out of the yard. Driving carefully I continued on towards my destination slowly catching up with another artic ahead. Anyway after following this guy for a few miles we come up to this crossroads and next thing I see is a car come spinning around from the other direction. The truck in front of me hits the car and then there's me, standing on the brakes and sliding and sliding until BANG, I hit the back of the trailer that was in front of me.

No real damage done, enough to put a few dents in the cab though and put the dashboard out of alignment and give me a little bit of a fright. Anyway, changed details, laughed about it and drove back to the yard for a little bollocking from the boss.

That's been my only one. What about you?