View Single Post
Old 16th January 2012, 18:17

Hi to you all i more than remember it i was in it at the deep end with 3 young children at the time we were out over christmas i was working for MOTONS BRS AT THE TIME 100% UNION, you either went with it or you left, it was most of the dock areas, car factorys anywhere where there was allready strong union- presance shop stewards used to meet at the LOCAL meetings and vote [they were all mates] at coventry . with the big men who run the factorys and the "drivers stewards" thinking they would back us and stop production ,yes ,but not for long... we got sold down the river. ..the months over - years that we never crossed a picket line ,at docks.car plans ,massy fergurson - and they hung us out to dry.we had 10weeks at mortons OUT then bless the union we got made REDUNDANT in feb 1980. ieven forget what we wanted i think it was £5 A HOUR [NOT SURE ,However it turned out the best for me i quit any type of union-changed my BRS attertude [im not doing that etc,,we used to run at 22mile an hour,not speed every 22mile we did we got a hours pay .