Thread: Bedfords
View Single Post
Old 14th April 2012, 05:43

It is a Dominant (early model... still learning/researching specifics), The bus finished its commercial life in VIC (Australia) bought at action... I am still tracking down info from a motor home club about the person who bought it (at the action) or when I travel to vic I will try to track down the action - only hitting dead ends so far butt I am particularly interested to find out the history of my home.

Isuzu 6BD1 6 Cylinder 5785cc 160 H.p
Suits Models: FSR11, FTR11, FVR11, JBR422, JCR360, JCR420, JCR500, JCS420, SCR420, SCR480, TWD25, TSD45
Year: 1978-1992
Variants: Early And Late
Available Ex-Stock.

from http://yamato.rtrk.com.au/?scid=7351...id=17081696138

Note my Isuzu is turbo charged (/T some where in it name - the above spec are for the naturally aspirated) and it was ordered/built with this engine instead of a 466... the most popular choice 4 people who choose to swap their 466 (instead of rebuild) for an Isuzu is the 6BD2 (T)...

Conversion requirements are basic... new engine mounts... re size/balance tail shaft if you go for the longer 7sp gear box and/or get the engine mounts wrong... remount (and or replace) radiator... jump through legal hoops for engineer certificates *** you need to chase up the detail requirements for engineer cert first, the engineer will typically require a licensed welder and specific high tensile bolts, steal types, steal thicknesses etc - you may find it MUCH easier to get the engineer to fabricate the mounts (hence the need to do the tail shaft when they don't quite get it right)

Last edited by TheMuttMondoe; 14th April 2012 at 05:53. Reason: forgot a bit :)