View Single Post
Old 27th April 2013, 18:04

As stated in the previous post, "sadly" it seems that the rest of the fuel line is fine. The filter is placed after the lift pump, and when I loosen the connection from the filter to the injection pumpm the fuel flows freely. This includes the whole fuel line including the filter unit, so the resistance has to come from within the injector pump itself.

The thing I find very strange it the fact that it ran normally when I parked it, and then I've had no luck starting it since. If there were some kind of mechanical malfunction inside the injector pump it would be very unlikely that this would occur while it was not in use, but even though unlikely the fault could've occured just as I stopped it the last time or when I tried to start it the next time. That's why I've had a slight suspicion to the stop valve on the injector pump, could that for some reason be stuck in the "stop" position internally even though the external lever returns to it's normal position? I don't know the internal workings of the injection pump so it's not clear to me if that would block fuel also when trying to bleed, but I do know that what the stop valve does is to somehow cut of the fuel supply.