Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 1st June 2009, 10:19

Question six

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKJOCKY View Post
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the welcome redd9 and yes trucker 2 I made it over here. Did you answer my question about the pro's & con's of the "chinese six", how did it get that name and what was the benefits.

I think the Ford was a trans-continental, big ugly looking thing but it would not pull the skin off a rice pudding.

This site does seem as busy as the other one. Maybe not so many arguements either.

I posted some photos of some models I had bought a few years ago when my son was born but the most important one was the BMC 4 wheeler which was what my dad started with but I can not find it. They all cost a fortune over here and I have the wife turning the house upside down.

Any way there is a F88 in the Nicol's of Aberdeen colors and then an old Foden and a newer Scammel both in Stobarts colors. Those are the ones I wanted to keep good plus the BMC and the others are just toys.
the name chinese six ,is because it,s [back to front ]as in a conventional six wheeler.single steer and double axle at rear.as in the chinese six twin steer and single axle at the rear.think the extra axle at front ,was for weight ratio,s.