View Single Post
Old 1st July 2011, 12:48

Send a message via Skype™ to coastie
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilifta View Post
Attached is an overview of my new spot. This is looking south, ie, back towards Auckland, about 30km south.
Where the motorway disappears is the low point and the crest is about 100metres behind me.
From first appearing I have about 30 to 35 seconds to prepare. Mty trucks appear to have no problem keeping up with cars and appear to be doing around 90kph going under the bridge.
As I am off work at the moment I intend next week to go up to Johnsons Hill where the two tunnels go underneath. This is the end of the motorway and is about 20kms north of here. It should present some good scenic shots.

And yes as coastie has said, I do have a bit of time to spare right now, and I can't sit home all day. Have to get out for some peace and quiet every now and then.
In 90mins on Mon got 141 shots, and then spent 6hrs there yesterday for another 390 or so.
But one great thing about it is that it is only 7.6kms from my front gate!
When I went up there yesterday it was sunny no clouds but cold (it was 7.30am), I went up over the ridge and it was thick fog. You couldn't even seen to the bottom of the hill, thankfully after about 40mins it started to lift and eventually turned out fantastic.
But I do have to get some trucks that are not container trucks.
I do need to get to South Auckland and get some of the great linehaul trucks coming up from Wellington and the South Island.

So thats it, and I hope this attachment actually attaches.

Rgds/Mike (hilifta)

Attachment 140
Flippin' heck!! That attached piccy could almost have been taken by Penrhos Beach near the Anglesey Aluminium factory just up the road from here. That's amazing!